Join the Movement: Take the Pledge
- Your local businesses give back more to the community.
- More jobs stay in the community.
- More of your dollars stay in the community.
- You can find anything you need locally.
- You develop relationships locally.
- You can find affordable prices in our community.
- For every $1 spent at local businesses, 45¢ is reinvested locally. Non-local purchases keep, at most, 15¢ in your local community.
- Local businesses value, respect and appreciate your patronage.
- More tax dollars go to schools and roads in your community.
Join the Movement
So how can you help and have a real impact on our community?
Take the pledge to show your support:
“I pledge to THINK first of my local economy, SHOP first at my local businesses, and BUY first from local companies who give back so much,in so many ways,to my community.”
Be a part of the Shop Iowa Online movement by celebrating independent business and shopping locally. Thanks in advance for your interest and support. Show some local love! Get involved with Shop Local Iowa, and send a message that we support our hometown businesses.
Nothing spurs the economy more than when people are spending money, and spending your hard-earned dollars with local businesses is even better. Browse local businesses.
Get on our email list
Receive our periodic e-newsletter letting you know about new local businesses, stellar deals, events and more.
Sign up now.
Spread the word
Talk to your friends, family and neighbors. Tell them the Shop Iowa Online movement makes a difference, and encourage them to visit our website and directory. Ask your favorite local business to join, and if you visit a local business that you found in our directory, be sure to tell them so. We aren’t asking you to “Shop Local Only” but to “Think Local First.” Shift your spending habits to a more local slant, and remember to search Shop Iowa Online before making your buying decision.
Did You Know?
Small businesses are the heart of our economy and continue to drive the ‘real economy’. Here are some statistics about small business you may or may not know:
- They employ just over half of the country’s private sector workforce
- Just two percent of small businesses are franchises
- Represent 99.7 percent of all employer firms
- Generate a majority of the innovations that come from United States companies
Source: U.S. Small Business Administration Office of Advocacy, September 2009
- Our Vision
- Join the Movement
- Top Ten Reasons to Shop Local
- Why Shop Locally?
- Going Green
- How to Save Money Advertising Online