FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
1. How are you different from other organizations such as AIBA that support the Local Movement?
We are heartened to note that there are hundreds of cities and organizations that promote shopping locally. We have great respect and admiration for the work of AIBA. They are a non-profit organization and Shop Iowa Online is a for profit company. There is no connection between Shop Iowa Online and AIBA. Few, if any, involve the use of a card such as the Shop Iowa Deals Card. These are the benefits we see:
- We believe the Card accelerates the shift from non-local to local spending by offering tangible rewards to the public.
- For the businesses, it is a way to gauge the success of the Shop Iowa mission.
- In addition, it often becomes a sum zero cost to businesses through resale of cards.
- Finally, the cross-marketing aspect of all businesses promoting themselves and other Card partners at the same time benefits all.
2. Where can I buy the card?
The majority of the businesses sell the cards, and they are also available at our online store.
3. Does my Shop Iowa Deals Card ever expire?
Yes – they are good for approximately one year from the date of purchase, sometimes a little more, sometimes a little less. Please check the expiration printed on the card at the time of purchase.
4. Are all the offers the same and do they ever change?
The individual businesses determine their own rewards and are permitted 3 changes during the year.
5. Can I recommend a business to you which is not part of Shop Iowa Deals?
Yes, please do. Contact us and we’ll invite them to join!
6. Are the Shop Iowa Deals Cards available for Fundraising?
Yes – the Card is an ideal vehicle for fundraising. When a church, school or other non-profit uses the card for fundraising, it not only promotes the local community and is good for the environment, but also offers many more places to save, compared to other fundraising cards. For more information, go to our fundraising page.